Cook: 10–15 mins
Dairy free / GF
¼ cup coconut oil
2 ripe bananas
2 tbs rice malt syrup
½ cup gluten free rolled oats
¼ cup almond meal
2 tbs LSA
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp ground cinnamon
⅓ cup walnuts
pinch of salt
1. PREHEAT fan forced oven to 180°C (200°C conventional).
2. GREASE a muffin tray with spray oil.
3. ADD all of the ingredients to a food processor and mix on high until the oats are broken down and the mixture is of a smooth consistency.
4. POUR batter into muffin tray.
5. BAKE for 10-15 minutes until a toothpick can be inserted and comes out clean, turning the tray half way through cooking time to ensure even baking.
When getting the muffins out of the tray, run a butter knife around the edge of each muffin to unstick them.Keeps for up to a week in the fridge. If after a few days in the fridge these muffins seem a little dry, just give them a few seconds in the microwave before eating.
Recipe by: Liz Richards - Simple Nourishment
Liz Richards - Simple Nourishment