Please note: Dates are high in fructose, so it is best to eat them as a special treat and on occasion only as a healthy sweet snack alternative!
1 – 2 medjool dates
1 teaspoon nut butter
½ teaspoon raw cacao nibs
½ teaspoon desiccated coconut
1. Remove the seeds from the dates.
2. Spread nut butter inside the date where the seed was.
3. Sprinkle cacao nibs and coconut over nut butter. As the nut butter is a little wet it should keep the nibs and coconut in place.
4. Use the back of your teaspoon to push the nut butter and topping into the date.
5. Enjoy with your favourite tea
About Lunch Lady Lou
Lou, the Founder of Lunch Lady Lou is a Health Coach and Cook on a mission to transform how we think about food and eat it.
Lunch Lady Lou creates and delivers healthy, real food meals to busy people within the Sydney CBD and North Sydney. Her recipes and meal prep tips have appeared online in Vogue Australia, Body + Soul, 1 Million Women and many more.
Lou also runs monthly Quick Cooking classes, teaching you how to cook great tasty food in absolutely no time at all.
Recipe + Photo by Lunch Lady Lou - Check out her page below for more tasty, healthy recipe options!