-1 cup of pecans
-½ cup of cashews
-2 tablespoons of cacao powder
-2 tablespoons of cacao nibs
-¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
-1 cup of deseeded and chopped medjool dates
-2 cups of, cashew nuts soaked for 4 hours then drained
-1 cup of date paste (recipe below)
-1 cup of water
-½ cup of melted coconut oil
-½ cup of rice malt syrup
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-¼ teaspoon of salt
-½ cup of cacao powder
-Extra pecans and cacao nibs to decorate
To make the Date paste
1.Soak 1 cup of deseeded dates in ½ cup water for 30-60min.
2.Blend both dates and liquid until smooth
To make the crust
1. Process all ingredients except for the dates in a food processor until they are really well combined (I used my thermomix on speed 9). Add dates and continue to blend until the dates are mixed well. The mixture should hold well when you squeeze small portion in your hand, it should not break apart/crumble easily. If the mixture seems too dry add a few more dates.
2. Prepare an 18 cm spring form pan by coating inside in coconut oil.
3. Press base mixture firmly into pan evenly ensuring there are no air pockets then set aside in fridge to set.
To make the filling
1. Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
2. Pour into spring form pan over the base evenly
3. Decorate with Pecans and Cacao nibs
4. Pop in Fridge to set over night
5. Remove pan and serve.
About Amy Innes
Amy Innes is the brains behind the blog Healthy Belly Happy Mind. As a qualified health coach, essential oil junkie and naturopath in training, Amy is inspiring women around the globe to get back to basics and improve their health one step at a time. As a new mum Amy cuts the fluff and gets straight to the point. You can download her free ebook ‘Simple Steps to Health’ via her website.